- This event has passed.
Industrial Boilers : Energy Audit, Performance Assessment and Cost Reduction Techniques
Two Day Online Program
Boilers are highly complex equipment, which operate at very high pressures and temperatures. Safe and efficient operation of boilers needs a special attention to be given for reliability, energy efficiency and safety. This training course is developed with the objective of addressing overall performance of Industrial boilers, including boiler efficiency, safety, reliability and cost reduction. Efficiency, reliability and operating costs are the three important attributes for assessing the performance of boiler technologies.
Our boiler assessment experience shows that about 50% of boilers operate at efficiencies below 70% and 10 – 15% of fuel used in industries can be saved by efficient operation of these boilers.
This online course provides an effective Boiler management, efficient operation and maintenance of boiler and its auxiliaries, advanced developments, energy saving opportunities and case studies to reduce running costs of a boiler operation.
At the end of course, participants will learn and gain the insight on the importance of
- How to do boiler energy audit and make Improvements in boiler areas
- Understanding various boiler components and functions.
- Establishing list of energy losses in a boiler system combustion process, analysis, excess air control
- Learning about heat recovery systems
- To know waterside and fireside problems
- Understanding the various boiler water treatment approaches waste heat recovery
- Utilizing boiler audit checkpoints & questionnaire
- To understand current performance and benchmarks to identify saving potential and possible areas of performance improvement
Day 1 – Industrial boilers, Performance Assessment & Improvement
- Properties of boiler Fuels
- Combustion Process and Heat Transfer Fundamentals
- Combustion Controls, Excess air controls
- Draft system
- Industrial Boilers, Classifications and Application
- Boiler Audit, methodology
- Flue gas analysers and measurements
- Boiler efficiency assessment by Direct method
- British /ASME standards for boiler performance
- Practical Energy saving measures in boiler.
Day 2 – Efficient operation, Maintenance and Energy saving case studies
- Boiler efficiency assessment by Indirect method
- Water quality and water treatment
- Blow down operation
- Improving Boiler Availability and safety
- Waste Heat recovery application
- latest trends & technologies for performance improvement
- Practical energy saving Case studies.
- Q & A on issues relevant to boiler
Experts, Accredited energy Auditor (BEE-GOI) and 30 years of experiences in Energy efficiency, training in India and abroad. The focus of the training is to provide knowledge & confidence you need to go back to your industry and initiate positive changes
Who should attend?
- Boiler/Utility engineer and supervisors
- O & M Engineers/Managers /mechanical /Chemical Engineer/
- OEM engineers, Energy auditor, energy mangers, Consultants
- Field Operators and Technicians
- Anyone involved in steam generation and water treatment
- E-Certificate of participation will be awarded
- Comprehensive training materials
- All the information you needed to specific questions about your facility/ equipment from instructors.
- This training is delivered in real time online through Zoom virtual platform.
- You must have a reliable internet connection, a webcam ,headset, and a laptop or tablet.
Dr P Dharmalingam
Dr P. Dharmalingam is a leading Energy audit expert, with core expertise in Energy Management driving sustainability initiatives through energy, water, climate challenge mitigation for industries, commercial buildings and various DSM. He is a postgraduate and Ph.D. in Energy Management. He is certified lead auditor in ISO 50001, Green Building and CMVP. He has over 32+ years’ Industrial energy audit experience in PAT designated industries like power plant, steel, cement, paper, fertilisers, aluminium, textiles, railways, Petroleum refineries etc. He is mentoring various corporate industries and institution to achieve productivity through energy efficiency, green initiative, renewable energy and developed training material on energy and environment.
He is Founder and Director in EnSave Academy and EnSave Consultancy and Training and promoting energy education. He was a former Director and Head, National Productivity Council (1987 -2017) and his credentials includes establishment of CETEE Centre for practical energy efficiency training and BEE Guidebooks preparation as co- author. He is a regular trainer for CEM/CEA exam preparatory program, handholding practical demo training and visited USA, Japan, Taiwan, Nepal, Fiji, Ghana, Iran as training of trainers on Energy Efficiency, Green Building and Climatic Challenges.
Mr T. Sankara Narayanan
Mr T. Sankara Narayanan is an Accredited Energy Auditor (BEE,GOI) with 34+years of Energy Audit and training of trainer experience in India & Abroad. He is a graduate in Electrical Engineering and postgraduate in Energy Management. He has conducted more than 350 Energy Audit projects at various sector of industries (TPS,
CPP, Co-Gen Plants, Automobile, Steel, Fertilizer, Cement, Pulp & Paper, Textiles,
Foundry, Mines, Ports, Hotels, Malls, Buildings, and MSME). He is a principal faculty for TOT in many national and international Training Programmes. He was involved in preparation for BEE Energy Efficiency guidebooks as a co-author. He has executed international energy assignments in countries like Nepal, Srilanka, Mongolia, Bhutan, Bangladesh, and Iran. He has also developed Strategic Plan and DSM Programmes for MEDA and EMC for Implementing EC Act in Maharashtra and Kerala He was a former Regional Director, NPC, Mumbai. He has also worked in electrical projects and maintenance in Textile and Large Engineering Industry with captive foundry for 7 years.
Dr P Dhamalingam
Course Director, ENSAVE ACADEMY
Email [email protected]
Cancellations made one week prior to the training will be accepted and may be refunded or rescheduled. Cancellations made less than one week will be rescheduled for any future topic/date or alternate candidate.
|9 & 10 July 2021
|2:30 PM to 5:00 PM
|Rs 950 (Inclusive of 18% GST)