- This event has passed.
Electric Motor and VFD Drives
16 & 17 July 2021 | 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM
Two Day Online Program
|16 & 17 July 2021
|2:30 PM to 5:00 PM
|Rs 950 (Inclusive of 18% GST)
Electric motors convert electrical energy into motion and are found everywhere in industries, buildings and homes also. However, motors do not convert all energy to usable energy because some of it is lost as heat during the conversion process. Motors often oversized for the application as margins of safety in design, manufacturing and procurement cascade one on top of the other. Sometimes, these are oversized out of concern for the power quality. Improper motor rewinding is a source of further energy losses.
An energy audit is a systematic identification of opportunities for energy efficiency improvement in industry by an internal or external certified energy auditor. An energy audit is usually followed by an implementation plan for the most cost-effective energy-savings measures. From the perspective of motors, energy audit should support energy auditors with motors specific methodologies, tools and training.
Improvements in the system can sometimes save as many times the energy as in the motor, alone. Considerable energy savings are possible if the speed of the motor is reduced. Proper sizing and selection of motors and drives have significant impacts on energy efficiency, operation, reliability, maintenance.
At the end of course, participants will learn and gain the insight on the importance of
- How to do Motor survey and motor performance assessment in the field
- How motor sizing affects efficiency and maintenance
- Rewinding processes and how they affect motor efficiency and reliability
- Learn best practices through practical case studies
- VFD drive selection for various application such as fans, pumps, conveyors, and compressors.
- Identifying energy saving measures
- Provide information on latest trends & technologies
- Help industry to identify saving potential and possible areas of motor performance improvement
Basic principle, fundamentals and characteristic
- Types of motors
- Fundamentals, Performance characteristics
- Motor selection
- Standard and ladling of motor
Motor Performance assessment
- Energy audit in motors and Methodology
- Motor inventory analysis, Motor survey, Efficiency Test
Efficient operation and maintenance
- Efficient operation and maintenance of motors
Energy efficiency measures
- Variable speed drives; Application & benefits
- Energy Efficient Technology and devices
- Energy conservation opportunities
- Practical Case studies.
Experts, Accredited energy Auditor (BEE-GOI) and 30 years of experiences in Energy efficiency, training in India and abroad. The focus of the training is to provide knowledge & confidence you need to go back to your industry and initiate positive changes
Who should attend?
- Engineer working in electrical utilities required to carry out audit;
- Plant utility engineers, Sr/Jr managers, Electrical/Mechanical/Diploma engineer
- O&M supervisor/ Technical staff /OEM engineers, planners
- Energy Auditors, energy managers & consultants
- E-Certificate of participation will be awarded
- Comprehensive training materials
- All the information you needed to specific questions about your facility/ equipment from instructors.
- This training is delivered in real time online through Zoom virtual platform.
- You must have a reliable internet connection, a webcam ,headset, and a laptop or tablet.
Dr P Dharmalingam
Dr P. Dharmalingam is a leading Energy audit expert, with core expertise in Energy Management driving sustainability initiatives through energy, water, climate challenge mitigation for industries, commercial buildings and various DSM. He is a postgraduate and Ph.D. in Energy Management. He is certified lead auditor in ISO 50001, Green Building and CMVP. He has over 32+ years’ Industrial energy audit experience in PAT designated industries like power plant, steel, cement, paper, fertilisers, aluminium, textiles, railways, Petroleum refineries etc. He is mentoring various corporate industries and institution to achieve productivity through energy efficiency, green initiative, renewable energy and developed training material on energy and environment.
He is Founder and Director in EnSave Academy and EnSave Consultancy and Training and promoting energy education. He was a former Director and Head, National Productivity Council (1987 -2017) and his credentials includes establishment of CETEE Centre for practical energy efficiency training and BEE Guidebooks preparation as co- author. He is a regular trainer for CEM/CEA exam preparatory program, handholding practical demo training and visited USA, Japan, Taiwan, Nepal, Fiji, Ghana, Iran as training of trainers on Energy Efficiency, Green Building and Climatic Challenges.
Mr T. Sankara Narayanan
Mr T. Sankara Narayanan is an Accredited Energy Auditor (BEE,GOI) with 34+years of Energy Audit and training of trainer experience in India & Abroad. He is a graduate in Electrical Engineering and postgraduate in Energy Management. He has conducted more than 350 Energy Audit projects at various sector of industries (TPS,
CPP, Co-Gen Plants, Automobile, Steel, Fertilizer, Cement, Pulp & Paper, Textiles,
Foundry, Mines, Ports, Hotels, Malls, Buildings, and MSME). He is a principal faculty for TOT in many national and international Training Programmes. He was involved in preparation for BEE Energy Efficiency guidebooks as a co-author. He has executed international energy assignments in countries like Nepal, Srilanka, Mongolia, Bhutan, Bangladesh, and Iran. He has also developed Strategic Plan and DSM Programmes for MEDA and EMC for Implementing EC Act in Maharashtra and Kerala He was a former Regional Director, NPC, Mumbai. He has also worked in electrical projects and maintenance in Textile and Large Engineering Industry with captive foundry for 7 years.
Dr P Dhamalingam
Course Director, ENSAVE ACADEMY
Email [email protected]
Cancellations made one week prior to the training is accepted and may be refunded or rescheduled. Cancellations made less than one week will be rescheduled for any future topic / date or alternate candidate.
|2 & 3 July 2021
|2:30 PM to 5:00 PM
|Rs 950 (Inclusive of 18% GST)